Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6, 2011 - Eat more plants

I went and bought one of those magnetised meal-planning charts from Kikki.K or someplace like that, because I'm always finding string beans in the back of the fridge. Or maybe they are asparagus. They are too decomposed to be sure. Perhaps if I make a proper grocery list I won't buy these things and then lose them in my fridge. Also I enjoy writing things like "rice pudding for breakfast."

Hopefully it will help me stick to my resolution to eat more fruits and vegetables.

The planning chart has a column for snacks. I don't really do snacks, so I have substituted alcoholic beverages. Thursday is Sangria Night. Sunday is Daiquiri Day. A Bloody Mary counts as a salad.

I am still figuring out the best way to add booze to Asian iced coffee (the Thai and Vietnamese stuff with the condensed milk). Bailey's or Frangelico are too obvious and also I am kind of bored with them. Is there some sort of palm-sugar-flavoured liqueur? Hmmmm.

I may have spent a lot more time deciding on the "drinks" column than I did filling out the rest of the planner. The word "bacon" also appears more often than most doctors might recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment